Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Yamaha Grizzly 450 Auto. 4x4 - Steel Blue
Grizzlys don't come any tougher than this
Tackles tough terrain and even tougher chores with a host of Yamaha exclusive features including fully automatic Ultramatic transmission, On Command 2WD/4WD with Diff Lock, rear sealed wet brake and more, all in the great handling package.
• Grizzly 450 Automatic 4x4 has many of the same great features as big brothers Grizzly 700 and 550, including four-wheel independent suspension, and it's powered by a fuel-efficient, liquid-cooled engine.
• Almost 20 pounds lighter than previous Grizzly 450 models, providing awesome power-to-weight ratio.
• Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission is the most advanced drive system in ATVs. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode.
• Three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button. Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
• Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension features double-wishbone suspension front and rear.
• Ground clearance of 10.8 inches and a high-impact plastic skidplate provide terrainability and undercarriage protection.
• Trick digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position and clock.
• Rear wet brake is a multi-disc system running in hydraulic fluid inside a sealed unit. This keeps out the elements (such as mud and water) while providing powerful, consistent stopping power and greatly reduced maintenance.
• 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged and powerful.
• Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni® carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine performance at all rpm.
• Pushbutton electric starting.
• Stainless steel muffler and header design provides superior power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability.
• Left-side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever is easily accessible.
• Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
• Compact engine design features a 45-degree cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick, responsive steering and agility.
• Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
• Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering drive case.
• Tool-free air filter box for easy access and quick maintenance.
• Lightweight chassis features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
• Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
• Fully independent four-wheel suspension features a double wishbone suspension front and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel.
• Using a newly-designed multi-disc system running in gear oil, the sealed rear wet brake combines strong, consistent stopping power and greatly reduced maintenance requirements.
• Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a variety of conditions.
• Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer when engaged in 4WD.
• Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers and won't dent or rust.
• Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient water-resistant storage compartment on the front fender.
• The water-resistant DC outlet is located to the side of the multifunction instrument panel for convenient access; automotive style receptacle handles a wide range of accessories.
• Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
• Available in Realtree® AP™ camouflage with a water-dipped process for durability.
• Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
• Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
• Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider's feet dry and feature serrated footpegs for extra grip in wet conditions.
• Large front and rear fenders with inner guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
• Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
• Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high and low beams; rear brake light.
• Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
- Type: 421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5 x 75.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 6.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone; 7.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Sealed oil bathed, multi disc
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12
- L x W x H: 78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in
- Seat Height: 33.1 in
- Wheelbase: 48.5 in
- Turning Radius: 118 in
- Ground Clearance: 10.8 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal
- Wet Weight: 606 lb
- Rack Capacity: 88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb
- Instrumentation: Digital LCD multifunction display: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, clock, gear position and fuel gauge
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, SOHC
- 421 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 84.5 x 75.0mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Mikuni® 33mm BSR
- Starting System
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Front Travel
- 6.3 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- AT25 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 7.1 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed oil bathed, multi disc
- Rear Tires
- AT25 x 10-12
- Front Rack Capacity
- 99 lb.
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 187 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1322 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.8 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in.
- 48.5 in.
- Drive Train
- Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD
- Final Drive
- Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
- Steel Blue
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)